Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back To Earth


Monday I did something most of have only dreamed about. I experienced zero gravity. For real and without chemical enhancement, unless you count the motion sickness medication we all took. You might have seen it somewhere in the media, the sponsors did a good job of getting the word out.
Pictures are here: www.gozerog.com/photos
Here's the best one of me:

5 comments:

Janice Stearns said...

Wow, that looks like it must have been an awesome experience. I looked at the pictures. Were all of you teachers? How long did your remain at zero gravity? What did it feel like. What an amazing, once in a lifetime, experience that must have been. Thanks for sharing!

MissRoss said...

Have fun! You must have had a blast! What did your students think? Did you have them do some project or activity related to this awesome experience! Good for you, teachers always deserve some fun!

Mr. Joseph said...

The Zero G lasted about 30 seconds each time, we did 15 parabolas. We were all teachers except for this actor kid from High School Musical whatever that is (kids know) that somehow ended up in the LA Times. I shot video and put it together with some stills in iMovie. We did some experiments- I tried a slinky and a toy called the astro blaster. They both just floated away!
The experience is hard to describe, we've all seen film of weightlessness but very few have had the experience. It was like a primal joy, we all want to be able to fly but for some reason we can't (yet...don't count technology out).

RicoSal said...

Wow, that video looks really great. It seems that blog could be one you use a lot to engage students during the first day of classes when it comes down to breaking the ice between students and teachers. Great work.

blouie said...

Wow! How did you get involved in this project? What a great experience!